Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paris: Then and Now

Simon and I went to Paris back in March. I know probably everyone has the same picture of the Eiffel Tower from the same spot, but I thought these pictures were neat. The first is the picture Simon and I took on our trip and the second is one my grandfather took on his trip to Paris in 1944 after the allies liberated Paris during World War II. The third picture is my grandfather in front of the Eiffel Tower. I know that thousands of people have stood in that same spot and taken a pictures, but as far as I know my grandfather and I are the only two in our family that have been to Paris.




4 comments:

Lindsay (aka Linz) said...

Neat post, Margo! I loved seeing how the tower has changed since 1944...lucky for me you posted these since I'll probably NEVER make it there! :)

Senior Maddoxes said...

How great to follow in your grandfather's footsteps.

Avery & Hailey said...

That's really cool!!!

Jim Honeycutt said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, dear. WWII was the only time that your grandfather was overseas. Maybe June and I can get to Paris and have OUR picture made at this same spot to add to the collection.